Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The one who recorded live concerts

(according to this I am not a cradle robber, but still...)

In honor of the guy that I’m going on a date with tonight who just graduated college last year (that makes him what, 22? 23? Oy!) I thought I’d share my own cradle robbing story, but when I was actually in the cradle.


And while you read this, please enjoy Rod Stewart and the Faces' “Maggie May”: the best cradle-robbing-cougar-song out there.



The year I turned 24, I was the hottest thing around. I was living in a new city with lots of young single people. I had two boyfriends during that time and dated a few more. (I almost even had my first dating-a-girl experience; I still regret that that didn’t happen.)


Seriously, I think I had more luck in those 10 months than any other period in my life. I cough it up to the city.


I’m going to call this guy The Pirate because he recorded live music concerts, and even though he would have gotten approval from the bands to do so, it was still in a way illegal. He would go to a show and set up a huge microphone on the floor and stand there with his arms crossed.


I was 23, he was 32. He was the oldest guy I had ever dated. (Tonight it seems we’re switching those numbers around.)


I realize that I wasn’t as big of a music dork then as I am now, and would probably be even more into this guy now than I was then. It would be an interested in experience to date a guy like that now.


I met The Pirate through The-One-Who-Paid-My-$250-Parking-Ticket-Late. It was weird, even though I knew he liked me, he sort of pawned me off to his friend, The Pirate, thinking that we’d get along. I remember that I was watching the Sex in the City DVDs and felt like I was in the show with all the men I had in my life.


I didn't really get anywhere with The Pirate. I think I tried kissing him once and he wasn’t ready for it. I seem to do that a lot, don't I? What’s wrong with me, eh? But we did hang out quite a bit there. And he did give me a bike rack for my car that I used for years. Wasn’t that nice of him?


Rawrrr, well tonight I’m a cougar. Why not? This kid has great hair (like this guy). Seriously.


UPDATE: Just got home: GGFG (Gay Gay Fucking Gay) as my brother would say. Sort of a bummer, but he's so sweet, I want to be his friend. He's moving not to far from me, so I'm glad to hang out with him as he gets to know the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POLO T-Shirts For Men many, because the gentleman is putting on is not some leisures class, is likely some culture T-shirts and the T-shirt unlined upper garment long sleeve for women, many times is some true thing matching. The following culture T-shirt custom make enterprise introduces some related matching skill. The gentleman dresses is not to very fashionable or is very popular, so long as succinct natural, the color is calm, what is most main is the coat and pants' matching, certainly must be reasonable POLO Shirts For Men.
For example: The leisure clothing must certainly match with the leisure class clothing, arranges clothes must be fastidious about the whole the unification, do not mix is coming the group. Gentleman's height and degree of Polo for women polo, do not affect oneself clothing savoring with the style, the polo shirt the gentleman may also put on own characteristic, so long as the coat and the pants good-fitting color assortment is POLO Sweaters For Men, do not pass through the fat clothes and the excessively shallow color, may conceal own insufficiency, manifests own style POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men.

médium mort said...

très très belle façon de voir les choses